Useful Home Safety Gear
Wintergreen Fire & Rescue offers these products below to make your home or business more safe.
The safety products ordered online here are for pick up at either of the Wintergreen Stations.
We do not ship the safety products. Most all of these products are kept on hand. Buyers will be notified via email when their order is ready for pickup at the location they select.
Click on the image to order online
First Alert 1-A:10-B:C Rechargeable Home Fire Extinguisher is for use in any household location designed to fight wood, paper, fabric, flammable liquid, and electrical fires. Durable metal head. It can be recharged by a certified professional. Includes mounting bracket to keep unit secure. 14-inches high. 10-year limited warranty. Meets UL standards. Model FE1A10GR195
- UL rated 1-A:10-B:C
- Commercial-grade metal valve and trigger
- Easy-to-read pressure gauge
- Metal pull pin with safety seal to deter accidental discharge
- Bracket with strap for easy mounting
- U.S. Coast Guard approved
- Monoammonium Phosphate extinguishing agent
Available in 13-foot models (for two-story homes) or 25-foot lengths (for three-story homes), these escape ladders are designed to offer a safer and easier escape when regulars exits cannot be used. These life-saving ladders store compactly, deploy quickly, and keep you prepared for the possibility of fire and other emergencies. The ladders attach quickly to most windows, and they are tangle free, stretching out to form a flame resistant, durable, and sturdy ladder that can support up to 1,000 pounds. An adult will find it quick to deploy and easy to use.
- Two-story escape ladder, 13 ft; Three-story escape ladder, 25 ft
- Stores compactly and deploys easily
- Supports up to 1,000 pounds
- Anti-slip rungs provide a safe descent
- Easy to use - Attaches quickly to most window frames
- Tangle-free design for a faster and less stressful deploy
- Ready for use - No assembly required
- Anti-slip rungs
- 5-year limited warranty from Kidde
- Note: This is a one-time-use emergency product
The Nighthawk™ Plug-in Operated Carbon Monoxide Alarm with Digital Display provides peace of mind against the silent killer. In alarm condition you will hear 4 quick beeps, 5 seconds off, repeat.
- Digital Display-Displays the level of carbon monoxide the unit is sensing. The unit updates this reading every 15 seconds.
- Test/Reset Button-Tests unit’s electronic circuitry and horn and resets the unit during alarm.
- Peak Level Button-Displays the peak CO level recorded by the alarm since it was last reset or unplugged.
- 9V Battery Back-Up -Provides protection during a power outage.
The Kidde PI9010 is a 9V battery powered smoke alarm. It contains both a photoelectric and ionization sensor providing dual sensor protection in your home.
- Ionization Sensor – may detect invisible fire particles (associated with flaming fires) sooner than photoelectric alarms.
- Photoelectric Sensor – may detect visible particles (associated with smoldering fires) sooner than ionization alarms.
- Battery Operated (9V battery included) – Provides continuous protection even during power outages.
- Tamper Resistant – Deters from tampering or theft.
- Hush® Feature – Temporarily silences nuisance alarms.
- Red LED – Flashes every 30-40 seconds to indicate that the smoke alarm is operating properly.
- Test/Reset Button – Tests smoke alarm circuitry and horn
Make it easier for emergency crews, police and even casual first-time visitors to find your home with this straightforward technology. On your driveway or front porch light put this device between the light socket and the light bulb to make this light flash on command. Your outdoor light continues to serve as a normal light, but with this simple device the light can be made to flash with two quick flips of the light switch to "on." Move the switch to off to reset.
If you have not already, the first step is to go here to start your application for a Knox Box.
Only local emergency responders can access this high security key safe. The responders to an alarm or 911 call simply remove the entrance key stored inside, provide the needed assistance and re-lock the door when they leave.
- Mounted on your home by Wintergreen Fire & Rescue Staff
- No damage to your home when Fire Department requires access.
- Usually located near power meter on your home
- Sticker on front door notifies responders that Knox Box is on premise.