Why your Wintergreen home needs a Knox Box
- The Wintergreen Knox Box is a one-time purchase–there are no ongoing service fees.
- Key readily available to emergency responders.
- Door or windows not damaged by emergency responders needing to access your home.
- Security a top priority. The Knox Box is UL-listed against physical attack.
Some of the benefits of Wintergreen Fire & Rescue's Knox Box system:
Eliminates needless forcible entry damage costs, which may not be covered by insurance.
Allows more immediate entry by fire and rescue personnel responding to an emergency.
Offers the ability for fire personnel to re-secure your property after a fire-alarm investigation by simply re-locking the door.
Security in knowing the Fire Department has access to the keys to the property.
Protects your home or business from the potential of thousands of dollars of needless damage with a one-time low-cost investment.
Unlike many localities offering Knox Boxes to their residents, Wintergreen Fire and Rescue will install the box on your home at no additional cost.
Contact Chief Crawford at 434-325-1051 for more information about getting a Knox Box installed at your location.
Wintergreen Fire Department sells and installs Knox Box key boxes for both residential and commercial properties at Wintergreen. With a Knox Box installed the Fire Department can gain access to the property without having to cause damage through forcible entry. Once installed, keys and alarm codes to the property are placed inside the UL-tested secure enclosure, with only Wintergreen Fire Department having access to the keys.
Thousands of fire departments in North America now offer their residents these type of systems. Wintergreen Fire and Rescue uses a master key security system to control the Knox Box Master Key. The master key is linked to a unit that provides accountability by creating an audit trail giving the date, time and user ID for each key release.
Every Wintergreen home is more secure with a Knox Box, but it is ideal for part-time Wintergreen residents so as to allow emergency personnel to more quickly and easily response to alarms or reports of smoke coming from their property.
The system is also extremely useful for full-time residents who travel frequently or:
• Have a history of medical problems.
• Are recuperating from a hospital stay.
• Live alone.
• Use an electronic calling or medical alert service.
Only local emergency responders can access this high security key safe. The responders to an alarm or 911 call simply remove the entrance key stored inside, provide the needed assistance and re-lock the door when they leave.
- Mounted on your home by Wintergreen Fire & Rescue Staff
- No damage to your home when Fire Department requires access.
- Usually located near power meter on your home
- Sticker on front door notifies responders that Knox Box is on premise.